August 2, 2013
Lindsay Holley, an at-home chef getting her hands dirty in the kitchen with simple, classic meals will try new recipes each month and share them with you.
In the summer, I look for simple recipes—and they are often some of my favourites. This green and yellow bean salad uses fresh ingredients and it couldn’t be a better side dish for a burger or to take to a potluck. Full of bright colours and light flavours, this one is a regular staple in my summer salad rotation.
- 1/2 pound green beans
- 1/2 pound yellow beans
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/3 cup feta cheese
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Mix together the balsamic, oil, garlic and salt and pepper
- Clean, trim and cut beans into bite-sized pieces
- Mix vegetables together in a medium-sized bowl with dressing
- Crumble feta cheese on top